It used to be that epoxy garage floor coatings were at the top of everyone’s list for improving the looks and durability of their garage floors. The trouble with epoxy, though, is that it was never meant as a long-term solution. Homeowners and business owners who have used epoxy can attest that it only lasts a couple of years before it begins to crack, chip, fade, or stain.
Presto’s NextGen® polyaspartic floor coatings were specifically designed to combat these very issues—maintaining a high-quality finish with maximum protection for decades.
The main benefits homeowners receive when they make the switch to polyaspartic over epoxy floor coatings include:
- Impervious to chemicals: Epoxy flooring can quickly get stained or eroded from chemical spills common in garages. Presto’s NextGen® coatings with a special polyaspartic compound make this coating highly resistant to stains and corrosion, helping these floors maintain their premium aesthetics for years and years.
- Resists scratches, chipping, and fading: With a thicker compound, polyaspartic floor coatings resist scratching, chipping, yellowing, and fading that used to be typical with epoxy floor coatings. The thicker formula translates to being able to withstand vehicle and foot traffic, plus the many things that will be dropped on it over the years, a whopping 400% longer than epoxy!
- Resists peeling from hot tires: Tires on vehicles that have just been parked in the garage can be very hot. With epoxy floors, the heat and weight can combine to cause peeling. Presto’s NextGen garage floor coatings withstand the heat and weight with ease.
- Easy Maintenance: Presto’s polyaspartic garage floor coatings can be swept or wet mopped on occasion to make them shine like new again. Epoxies can require a lengthy and involved process of stripping, waxing, and polishing to get them back to their original luster.
- Ease of installation: Epoxy garage floor paints can only be applied within a narrow temperature range or they will not cure properly. Presto’s NextGen® polyaspartic floor coatings solve this little conundrum with an advanced chemical formula that can be installed properly all the way down to 0⁰F! Not only that, but Presto’s floors cure up to 12X faster, meaning you can walk and drive on your new floors without worry so much sooner than epoxy floors.
- Safer for your health: Epoxy floor coatings have some compounds that can dramatically worsen the garage’s air quality but polyaspartic has no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), are virtually odorless, and even qualify for energy and environmentally-sound (LEED) design credits.
With so many benefits to a product that simply looks better and lasts longer than anything else out there, Presto’s NextGen polyaspartic floor coatings are an easy choice for the property owner that truly wants to maximize their investment.